For thousands of years, this vegetable is very popular in the world. Cucumbers contain a lot of water, that’s why they contribute to the purification of the body inside and to moistening outside. In these miracle vegetables, you will find calcium and vitamin C. Calcium is very active chemically and can compete with radionuclides and other heavy metals at all stages of metabolism.
Vitamin C is essential for the synthesis collagen, which forms a structural lattice, giving strength to our skin. In addition, vitamin C, being a powerful antioxidant, helps to restore damaged skin. Cucumber helps to fight with various cosmetic defects of the skin due to the presence of biologically active substances (vitamins A, B and C, potassium, sulfur, manganese, iodine, cobalt and so on). We use it in food, as a medicine and also as a cosmetic.
Cucumber is really the great cosmetic mean for skincare. The mask from fresh cucumber tones cleanses and whitens the skin. Cucumber lotions make skin supple and clean and rid of blackheads. Here you can find homemade recipes with cucumber for skincare. Choose the skin mask recipe exactly for your type of skin.
Cucumber Face Mask for Dry Skin
- Mix 1 tablespoon grated cucumber with the same amount of sour cream. Apply this mixture on the face and neck and keep for 15 minutes. Make this mask 2 times a week for better effect.
- Mix 3-4 tablespoons grated cucumber with 2 tablespoons of sour cream. Apply this mixture on the face and neck. In 20 minutes rinse the mask with warm water.
- Mix in a blender: 1 medium cucumber, half a peach, and a small carrot. Dilute fruit and vegetable mixture with 2 tablespoons of rich cream. Apply the mask on the face and leave for 10-15 minutes. Then wash it off with warm water.
- Grate one cucumber of medium size. Mix grated cucumber with some lanolin (1:1). Apply the mask on the face, neck, and area of décolleté. In 15-20 minutes remove the mask with a wad of cotton wool, wet in hot water with gentle movements along the massage lines. Then clean the face with rose water.
Cucumber Face Masks for Normal Skin
- Grate a small cucumber and add 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon milk and 1 tablespoon of non-fat cottage cheese. Mix all ingredients thoroughly. Apply the paste on your face. In 15 minutes wash it off with cool water.
- Take 3 tablespoons of fresh cucumber juice and mix with 1 tablespoon of almond oil. Apply the mixture on the face with a wad of cotton wool. In 30 minutes rinse the face with warm water.
- Grate the half of fresh cucumber and half of the raw potato. Mix vegetable gruels and apply this vegetable “smoothie” on the face, neck and décolleté. Keep for 15-20 minutes. Rinse with cool water and clean the skin with a towel carefully. Then apply olive or almond oil on the skin. In 20-30 minutes clean your face, neck and décolleté area with a napkin.
Cucumber Face Mask for Oily Skin
- Grate half of the medium-sized cucumber and mix with 1 tablespoon of the protein. If you wish you can add some non-carbonated mineral water. Apply the paste on the face and leave for 10 minutes. Then rinse with cool water.
- Take 2 tablespoons of fresh cucumber juice, add the 1 beaten egg white, and stir everything well. Apply the mixture on the face and keep for 15 minutes. Then rinse with cool water.
- To cleanse oily skin you can use the next mixture: cucumber juice mixed with vodka in the ratio of 4:1.
- Grate half of the medium-sized cucumber and pour with vodka (1:2). Infuse for 3-4 hours. Then filter, and dilute with non-carbonated mineral water. Wipe your face in the morning and evening.
Cucumber Face Mask for Wrinkled and Flabby Skin
- Take 2 tablespoons of fresh cucumber juice and 2 tablespoons of rose water, add 1 tablespoon of fat cream.
- Foam the mixture in the blender to the consistency of. Apply the mask on the face and keep for 5-10 minutes. Then remove the oily mixture with a napkin and wipe the skin with a wad of cotton wool wet in rose water.